Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 24 - Aug 22

You know, I can forgive myself when I slip on my "no online shopping at work" rule when it's a new shirt or something, but coveting stamps online is nerdy beyond belief. I didn't only covet today, I actually needed stamps so I spent $10.20 on new stamps and 2 cent stamps to make my old stamps worthwhile. As I was browsing for a pretty design, I thought I may as well get an extra to put in my stamp collection. $44 dollars later, I am now the proud (if ashamed) owner of said useful stamps, plus a set of "Marvel Superheroes" (I already had the DC Superheroes, how am I expected to resist Marvel?), a "Louis Comfort Tiffany" set of stained glass based stamps (another of my weaknesses, damn you, Postal Service), an extra set of "Beautiful Blooms" (the original "useful stamps" I picked out), and a "Pollination" set (I'm a sucker for bats).

Speaking of bats, I also bought a set of 2002 bat stamps I have long coveted ($11+shipping) and a set of Bright Eyes stamps that caught my eye from the same seller ($9.49+shipping). Shipping has yet to be determined though, as it should be combined.

I was proud of myself though, as I resisted the temptation of the Disney stamps. I bought one set of Disney stamps a long time ago and though I do not like them or those that have followed them, I've felt an urge to buy Disney stamps to keep my lonesome Disneys company since that first errant purchase. I should just use them and be done with it, but I've pledged to myself not to use or sell any of the stamps that go in my book. It's a test of my own willpower before I will allow myself to see/touch/covet my Dad's more valuable stamps.

No comments: